Latest News

Saagu bondibai Sweet Dish Of Madives

Saagu bondibai (sago pudding)


When was the last time you had sago? The 1940s? Same here. But in the Maldives, these little starchy spheres are a major component of people’s diets, derived as they are from the spongy cores of tropical palm stems. As soon as you try saagu bondibai, you’ll see why sago is still so popular in Maldivian households. Warmed with coconut milk, cardamom and rose, and laced with creamy condensed milk, it’s the kind of dessert you could drink by the bucket-load if only that wasn’t a hideous thing to do (we won’t tell anyone if you won’t). Try it for yourself with this recipe here, and you'll see what we mean.

2 comments:

  1. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community.
    Click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one is the coolest dessert that I have been ever seen. I HAVE also tried you baklava recipe at my home and now I don't need to go outside for baklava buy because now I can make it very perfectly. So, thanks a lot author for your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete

The World Travel Guide Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates