Latest News

Latest Fashion Design In Spain For Ladies

Spanish Fashion

When it comes to women’s fashion, Europe sets the bar, and Spain is no exception (read about my previous post on men’s fashion here). It seems that every woman in Spain is born with fashion sense, as well as the ability to walk for hours in 5 inch stilettos on cobblestones without falling once, with a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. Women (and men) are careful about how they dress, making sure to always look nice, as well as being careful about how other people look too. This has had the unfortunate effect of making me care more about how I dress in public. If I dress nicely, everyone will say how pretty I look, ect. But if I ever showed up at work in just jeans and a t-shirt, no make-up and my glasses, literally everyone (and I mean everyone-including my students) would say, “teacher Liz, are you sick? Are you ok? What’s wrong?” Come on! Can’t a girl just have a lazy day? Gone are the days of sweatpants, comfy t-shirts and sweatshirts, if I wore you in Spain I would be forcibly exiled. People stare at me enough as it is (being a little blondie, I stick out BIG TIME), but having people stare at me even more because I didn’t feel like showering and putting in my contacts, now that’s the worst!

Part 2: On to the ladies
The general rule of thumb is that if you wouldn’t wear it back home, you can definitely get away with it in Spain. The trick is you have to wear it with confidence; women in Spain exude confidence. Start with putting on your face make-up, think of it as war-paint or a shield, getting ready for battle against all the judgmental people out there. Make-up you would normally only wear out at a party is totally acceptable to wear during the day. You must blow-dry your hair and style it. Ponytails are only for the weak, children, and hippy men. You must always look nice, ALWAYS! And when in doubt about shoes, wear heels. It is completely normal to see women shopping or buying groceries in high heels. If you go out at night, feel free to go all out. Women in Spain really dress up to go out for fiesta. And if you are ever invited to a Spanish wedding, now that’s a gold mine! Picture the royal wedding but with less pastels and frompy suits, and more colors and skimpy gowns! You must also wear some sort of hat or flower thing in your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The World Travel Guide Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.
Published By Gooyaabi Templates